- Only mix-breed or local breed/mongrel pets are accepted at Klinik Kembiri.
- Animals must be fasted (no food and no water) 8 hours prior to the operation.
- Animals must preferably be up to date on vaccinations, clean and free from ticks, mites and fleas.
- The minimum age for neutering is 4.5 months old, and minimum weight 1.5kg for cats and 5kg for dogs.
- Take care while carrying your pet home, try not to move or touch the operated area.
- Your pet may take anywhere from 1 – 3 hours before it starts to wake up from the anesthetic. During this time, it is important to place your pet in a safe, sheltered and quiet area for recovery, where it won’t not fall down and hurt itself (as your pet may not be able to balance itself yet).
- Place your pet on some bedding to keep them warm. Your pet may urinate/defecate while still anaesthetized, so be sure to keep them clean and dry.
- Offer your pet food and water only when your pet is up and able to walk properly (your pet may drown in the water bowl if it is still sleepy). Sometimes, your pet will only gain its appetite the day after the operation.
- During this recovery, some pets may vomit. Do not be alarmed, it is common for this occur.
- Confine your pet for 5-7 days after the day of surgery (if possible in a cage), to limit their activity and movement. This ensures proper healing of the wound.
- Check on the operated area at least once a day for the next 2 weeks. Make sure the area is always clean and dry, and the wound is not opened. If you notice any problems such as bloody discharge, pus, sudden swelling, foul smell, or opening of the wound, please contact a vet right away!
- Some pets may have a bandage over the operated area. You may leave it on for 3-4 days, as long as it is clean and dry. Your pet may lick the area a little, but do check that they do not lick and bite excessively.
- Do not bathe your pet for at least 7 days after the surgery. If your pet is dirty, wipe it with a damp towel. Please keep the incision site dry to prevent infections.
- You may come back to Klink Kembiri for a free post-operative check up about 2 weeks after the operation (please call us first to make sure we are open). Some pets that need their stitches removed can be attended to at this time.
- If any problem arises, please contact a vet as soon as possible.
Thank you for being a responsible pet owner!