- Visit the SPCA E.R.A Centre in Ampang Jaya and see the variety of animals available.
- You will be briefly interviewed by the SPCA staff to find out more about your experience with animals, residence & housing arrangements for the animal.
- Our Animal Welfare Officers will help you choose a pet suitable for your family, lifestyle and living environment.
- Enquire about the adoption fee and conditions for adopting the animal.
- Fill in the adoption form at the Front Desk, make the donation and take your pet home.
- For puppy and dog adopters, following the adoption an SPCA Animal Inspector will pay a friendly visit to your residence in the next few weeks to see how your new pet is settling in.
- Send us cute, happy photos of you and your new pet enjoying life together so we can feature it on our website, Facebook page and enewsletters!
- Bring your adopted pet back to our clinic for vaccinations and compulsory neutering.
- Adoption fees range from RM240 for cats (inclusive of first vaccination, de-worming, compulsory neutering, and a cat carrier), and RM350 for dogs (inclusive of 3 vaccinations, de-worming and compulsory neutering).
- It is SPCA’s policy to neuter all the animals that pass through our doors to help curb the overpopulation problem.
- All our adult animals are neutered before being released for adoption, however if you are adopting a kitten or puppy below 6 months old, you will be briefed on when to bring him or her back for the operation.
- Animals cannot be reserved over the telephone or via email.
- SPCA Selangor reserves the right to approve or reject an adoption request based on our discretion.
- SPCA Selangor may need to check the premises of the potential adopter prior to approving an adoption request.
- Adoption of an SPCA animal cannot be processed for anyone who is below the age of 18, or students who are not residing with their parents.